New Music! Morning and Testament. Available everywhere including here.
Please scroll to the bottom for the mailing list.
NEXT UP: Celebrate the Grooves! 8/28 Blue Strawberry
Mo Egeston All-Stars featuring Jessica Butler & Robert Nelson on vocals
In person lessons have returned! Virtual lessons continue to be an option.
Welcome to Mo Egeston Music. Maurice "Mo" Egeston is a pianist, band leader and educator from St. Louis, Missouri. He spends his musical time leading bands and writing music while also working as a collaborative pianist, accompanist and educator in both the classroom and private studio. Mo did his graduate studies in chamber music and accompanying at Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville) with Dr. Linda Perry. He currently runs his own Mo Egeston Piano Studio and is an instructor at Teipen Performing Arts. He has taught adjunct classes in the St. Louis area since 1996 (Applied Piano, Vocal Jazz Combo, Improvisation, Music Appreciation, Music of the United States, Masterpieces of Music) and was part of the inaugural class of Kranzberg Arts Foundation Music Residents (2018)
A 25 year veteran of the St. Louis music scene, Mo first emerged as a band leader during the birth of the Washington Ave. nightlife scene in the mid 90's. Soon after, regional favorites Vargas Swing brought the sounds of the swing revival to the St. Louis club scene and were featured on 2 national compilations.
Next came the pioneering live electronic dance music project Urban Jazz Naturals who released 2 dance singles globally and eventually evolved into mo & dawn: the remix project. See Mo's bio for a more detailed band and recording history. (Mo E's background info)
Click to Download the Mo Egeston Music booking one sheet.
In 2008 the Mo E Family was born as a catch all for the variety of projects Mo currently leads.
- Mo E All-Stars original modern jazz fusion, drum & bass, modern soul, electronica, nu jazz & house
- Mo Egeston: Groove Sessions solo improvisation with beats, loops and live sampling.
- Mo E trio/Mo E3 Mo E 3 can be anything from a traditional instrumental jazz trio (soul, jazz, pop) to small dance music ensemble. Mo E3 also collaborates with area vocalists including Jessica Butler, Mario Pascal, Paige Alyssa, Cheri Evans, Katarra Parson, Chrissy Renick and Coco Rochelle (CocoSoul).
- Mowinda violin & piano chamber music. Classical, pop, tango & jazz
- Coco & Mo Mo Egeston frequently collaborated with St. Louis based singer and songwriter Coco Rochelle. This collaboration is currently on hiatus since Coco is in ATL. Stay tuned for future collaborations.
Mo E All-Stars were a part of the Second Season of the Chevy Music Showcase- STL Edition. Follow the link to like the All-Stars page and stay up to date on Facebook. The episodes aired in 2013 on KMOV-TV and can be viewed on YouTube along with other live clips. (Mo E All-Stars YouTube Playlist)
Mo was a member of St. Louis rock band Brothers Lazaroff from 2008 through the summer of 2014. The band released the albums Give Em What They Need in 2010 and Science Won in 2012. The band's Hope, Fear,Youth was released in the Fall of 2013. (Bros Laz on CD Baby )
In early 2014 Elizabeth Mcqueen meet Brothers Lazaroff released a KickStarter supported EP remix of the renown Austin singer and songwriter's album The Laziest Girl in Town
Mo also contributed a track to the Science Won Remixes (Link to Bandcamp)- "I Could Stay Here for the Rest of My Life" features Elizabeth McQueen & Brothers Lazaroff. Listen to the single by following the music links above.
Use the links above and to the left to listen to band samples, watch video and check Mo's performing schedule.
Join Mo on Facebook with a click and a like. Thanks for stopping by!
- Mo E All-Stars facebook.com/MoEAllStars,
- Mo Egeston facebook.com/MoEgestonMusician
- Mo Egeston Piano Studio facebook.com/EgestonPianoStudio
- Coco & Mo facebook.com/SoulAllianceSTL (Currently on hiatus)